P like Prickly Pear
Opuncia ficus indica from its Latin name, the prickly pear is essential to prevent dehydration and skin aging, because it is very concentrated in unsaponifiables. These unsaponifiables, such as vitamin E and phytosterols, have anti-radical and anti-inflammatory properties.
This plant oil is extracted from the seeds of the prickly pear, which ranks among the cactus. And it takes many seeds to squeeze a liter of oil. This is what makes it a very high quality oil.
Prickly pear oil is renowned for having many virtues for the skin, including:
- Hydration, rich in essential fatty acids that help nourish and hydrate the skin in depth.
- Anti-aging effect, rich in antioxidants, which help fight against free radicals responsible for skin aging. It can help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Skin radiance, it can help even out skin tone and add radiance.
- Dark spot reduction, it can help reduce the appearance of dark spots and scars thanks to its regenerating properties.
- Anti-inflammatory properties, it can help reduce inflammation of the skin, to relieve irritation and redness.
- Healing properties, can help accelerate the healing of wounds and scars, thanks to its regenerating properties.