S like Shea butter
Nourishing, healing, softening, Shea butter (Butospermum Parkii) is the ally of sensitive, dry and tired skin. Used for a long time for its cosmetic benefits, its very rich composition is at the origin of a multitude of uses.
Shea butter is a natural ingredient that is extracted from shea nuts, a tree that grows in West Africa. Shea butter has been used for centuries for its moisturizing, nourishing and protective properties for skin and hair. Here are some of the virtues of shea butter: Hydration:
- Shea butter is rich in fatty acids, which penetrate easily into the skin and help maintain its hydration.
- Nutrition: Shea butter also contains vitamins A, E and F, which deeply nourish the skin and hair.
- Protection: Shea butter forms a protective barrier on the skin that helps prevent moisture loss and protects the skin against external aggressions such as wind, cold and UV rays.
- Repair: Shea butter is also known for its healing and restorative properties, which can help treat dry skin, scars and stretch marks.
- Anti-inflammatory: Shea butter contains natural anti-inflammatory compounds that can help relieve joint and muscle pain.
- Anti-aging: The antioxidants found in shea butter can help prevent free radical damage, which is responsible for premature aging of the skin.