P like Patchouli
Like Cypress essential oil, Patchouli (Pogostemon cablin) essential oil is decongestant and stimulates circulation. Praised by the sixty-eighters, its notoriety also leads it into fine perfumery... Pure, the essential oil of Patchouli is heady, it is better to combine it with other essential oils to cover the tracks, but the noses the finest will know how to recognize it. And above all, it must be used in a vegetable version and not synthetic.
Patchouli essential oil is extracted from the dried leaves of the patchouli plant, and has therapeutic properties beneficial to health. Here are some of its best-known benefits:
- Antiseptic properties: Patchouli essential oil has antiseptic properties that can help prevent infections.
- Healing Properties: Patchouli essential oil can help stimulate cell regeneration, which can help heal wounds and scars.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Patchouli essential oil can help reduce inflammation in the body, thereby relieving pain and associated discomfort.
- Anti-Infectious Properties: Patchouli essential oil has anti-infective properties that can help fight bacterial and fungal infections.
- Aids in relaxation: Patchouli essential oil can help reduce stress and promote relaxation.
- Aphrodisiac properties: Patchouli essential oil is often used in aromatherapy to boost libido and improve sex life.
It is important to note that essential oils are powerful active ingredients that should be used with care. Pure, they can cause allergic reactions in some people. It is therefore recommended to consult a health professional before using them for medicinal purposes.
In les Huilettes, all our synergies of essential and plant oils follow European regulations and are tested under dermatological control.