M like Marigold
Marigold flower oil (Calendula officinalis) is not a macerate (i.e. maceration of the marigold flower in vegetable oil) but a cold extraction of its oil.
Marigold flower is rich in retinol (active form of Vit A), recognized for its anti-aging properties (cell renewal, reduction of wrinkles, collagen production).
Calendula oil is extracted from marigold flowers (Calendula officinalis) and has several health benefits, including:
- Treats skin problems such as cuts, burns, scrapes, bruises, eczema, acne and insect bites. It has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antifungal properties that can help reduce inflammation, pain, and infection.
- Promotes wound healing and may help accelerate wound healing by stimulating collagen production. It can also help reduce scars and stretch marks.
- Relieves muscle and joint pain with analgesic properties and may help relieve muscle and joint pain.
- Relieves menstrual pain by acting as an antispasmodic.
- Treats mouth infections such as canker sores and gingivitis. It can also help reduce pain and inflammation associated with these conditions.